Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We love Veggies!

I have tried many times to give my daughter salad. She just won't eat it. She would gag and carry on. I figured it was because it was raw since she loves cooked veggies. I really didn't push it because I figured at least she was eating her cooked veggies. Well, wasn't I shocked the one day when she was picking lettuce out of our garden and eating it, picking peas and eating them, and picking green beans and eating them! All raw!

When I saw this idea from Funny Days with Mommy and Maddie I couldn't wait to make it for my new lettuce eater!

It was very easy to make. You simply cut the salad shapes from craft foam. We did lettuce, tomato, and shredded carrots.

Bekah served Daddy lettuce when he came home!

2 comments:

  1. Funny enough Maddie LOVES salad. I Maddie stuffed shells (which she usually loves!) and salad for dinner last night and all she would eat was salad and continued to ask for more! I am happy Bekah likes her foam salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that Maddie loves salad! Every time I give Bekah veggies now she asks if they're from the garden! So funny! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete