Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tot School - Our first week!

Tot School
Bekah is 36 months.
I've been thinking of joining up with Tot School over at 1+1+1=1 for awhile now. I decided this week to really push myself to just do it. Boy, am I happy I did. We had so much fun learning together. This week in Tot School:
Bekah learned about the letter I. Our favorite "I" word was ice cream, of course!

She worked on her new ice cream color matching file folder game.

Bekah learned that Blue and Yellow make green from the book Little Blue and Little Yellow. She loved this book!


She played HiHo Cherry-o.

"Practiced" violin with Daddy.

Enjoyed some time on Starfall.

Cooled down with her water table.

Traced the letters of the alphabet with the butterfly dry erase book she got from her Super Summer Swap partner. (Thanks Sawyer!)

Bekah also played with her Melissa and Doug opposites puzzle. She's gotten very good at this.

We got this Cooties game with a birthday gift card. She loves it, but it's teaching Mommy and Daddy patience!

Also learned that "I" is for inchworm.

Bekah got to play in the sprinkler with her cousin.

And "chopped" a few small toys out of an iceberg (for the letter "I")

All in all it was a very busy week. She's given up on naps, so I'm finding that I need to come up with more and more to keep her busy!
To see what other kids have done, go here.

11 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Glad you joined! This was my third week and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ice cream craft she is creating in the first picture!!

    You did so much with her this past week and she is concentrating hard on her lessons too:-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank so much...we're happy to join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great week! Thanks for sharing. BTW, my favorite I word is definitely ice cream too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually JUST bought Sawyer the M&D opposites puzzle this week too! I was thinking about saving it for the holidays, but it looks like fun, so maybe I'll just pull it out now. I'm so bad about things like that LOL :) Looks like you had a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Tot School! What a GREAT first week! I love the mixing of the colors in the bag! What a fun activity and not messy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun week! We officially joined in on Tot School a few weeks ago and I just love it. And, I get SO many great ideas from other participants, too!

    Love your ice cream matching game and I totally want to buy my daughter the Cooties game! That was one of my favorites when I was little!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got that very same water table for my daughters birthday! I can't wait until she tries it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got the water table last year and Bekah has used it quite a bit. She has a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to Tot School! Word of advice: Don't feel bad if you skip a week here and there. It can become more of a pressure then fun if you let it! I've had to remind myself of that many, many times. Love all the activities!

    ReplyDelete