Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Spy Owl Mask and Owl Song



This week we've been learning all about owls. Today we made an owl mask. This was a very simple project that even younger kids can make.
We had a template from a Mailbox magazine that I had copied, but it would be simple to draw out one of your own.
Bekah colored the owl mask. You could also add feathers if you would like.

I cut it out and glued it to the back of a cereal box (to make it more sturdy).

Then I let it dry a bit and cut it out from the cereal box. Next I taped on two popcicle sticks for the handle. Here's Pooh Bear playing with the owl mask. He liked it!

We played I spy with this mask. Whoever was holding the mask would be the one to spy things. We had a lot of fun with this.

We also sang a really fun song to the tune of Are You Sleeping.

Are you sleeping? (put hand out the side like asking a question)
Are you sleeping?
Mr. Owl, Mr. Owl,(put your thumb and index finger together and up to eyes-like an owl)
You sleep in the daytime, (pretend to be sleeping)
And fly in the nighttime, (pretend to fly)
When you see, perfectly. (make owl eyes again with index finger and thumb together)

2 comments: