Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Letter Q Activities

The past two weeks we've been working with the letter Q. I had planned only one week, but we've all been sharing the flu, so it has taken forever to get through this letter. However, we've had a lot of fun with it!
We made a Q is for Queen. I got this idea from Funny Days with Mommy and Maddie.

I also found these at AC Moore for a dollar awhile ago, so we made Queen's crowns.

This was a great game that Bekah really loved. I drew an uppercase Q on a piece of construction paper and grabbed a handful of quarters from her piggy bank. We then stood back a little bit (I put a paper for the marker of where to stand) and tried to throw our quarters on the Q. This was kind of tricky, since they would bounce and roll off, so we made some changes.

Instead, what we would do is we would stand over the letter Q, hold the quarter up to our noses and try to drop it right on the letter. Bekah played this again and again!


Another quarter activity was quarter rubbings. Bekah was amazed at how this worked!

I found great printables at Confessions of a Homeschooler for Q is for Quilt. We enjoyed using all of these!
Magnet pages. I made my own magnetic pom poms using Home Grown Hearts tutorial here. It was so easy to do! All you need are pom poms, circle magnets, and a glue gun!

Quilt piece matching.

Find the upper and lowercase Q worksheet.

Q is for Quilt coloring page.

Quilt scissor practice. Bekah loves to use her scissors!

We also made this page that looks like a child in bed that I got from Mailbox magazine. I think it would be pretty easy to replicate, though. I had cut all different squares of paper for Bekah to choose from to make her quilt.

Finally, we made a quilt book that I found at Making Learning Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment