Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cotton Ball Polar Bear


We continued our polar bear week by making a cotton ball polar bear from here. We made it into a bit of a math lesson by using the numbers to go along with it.

First thing I did was to cut out all the numbers. I then put them inside a paper bag and had Bekah pull out a number.


She would then find the same number on the polar bear and glue a cotton ball on that number. (I cut my cotton balls into 4 pieces to make them go farther).


It was a great introduction to numbers 20-31, since she's not too familiar with these numbers. However, this takes awhile and I could tell I was losing her attention, so I joined in and we made it into a little game by taking turns.

I think it turned out pretty cute!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea!! I'm going to be doing Polar Bears with my daughter this week- what a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete