Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Measuring Inches

What a week it's been. Last Tuesday my husband came home from work sick with a stomach virus. He was so sick...I don't think I've ever seen him that sick. So, I went crazy cleaning and trying to keep Bekah and myself from getting this bug. Well, we thought we were out of the woods until Bekah got sick as we were leaving for church on Sunday. What a fun Valentines that was! Anyhow, she's feeling much better now, so we are back to some fun learning activities.

I've been enjoying reading the blog The Activity Mom, where I found this post about measuring worms. Bekah has been fascinated with Daddy's measuring tape, so I knew this would be a big hit. It definitely was.

I had cut out this printable ruler and laminated it. I wanted something sturdy for her to use. I then cut different sizes of yarn (2 inches, 4 inches, 6 inches, and 8 inches). I made little cards with 2, 4, 6, and 8 on them for Bekah to sort as she measured.

Bekah did a great job and had a lot of fun. I've been having trouble keeping her attention lately, but she sat and did this for the longest time!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great activity. On my "other" blog http://abcand123learning.blogspot.com we are looking for submissions right now of measuring activities. It'd be great if you send your link to that site and we could include it in our post!

    ReplyDelete