Monday, June 29, 2009

Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue Muffin Tin


Today's theme on Muffin Tin Monday was Patriotic, so we went red, white, and blue. Bekah woke up today saying, "It's muffin tin monday!" I hadn't even told her yet, so I'm not sure how she knew, but she did. She really loves participating! I had a really hard time coming up with blue food, but this is what we came up with:

Top row: Strawberry, mini marshmallow, and blueberry "kabobs"; American cheese stars, and white milk. Bottom row: make your own pasta bar- sauce, elbow macaroni, and parmesan cheese.

Bekah ate almost all of her lunch, but she especially liked the mini marshmallows!




We also made a craft to go with our patriotic muffin tin. Red, White, and Blue Stars. You need: a covered work surface (we used newspaper), cut out red white and blue stars, glue, and glitter.



Put glue on your star.



If your child is old enough, they can put the glue on themselves.



Add glitter. (Warning - this got quite messy. It may be better to do this project outside.)



Let dry. We plan on hanging these on our window later.


You can learn more about Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth.

7 comments:

  1. I like the make-your-own pasta bar. And the craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love the pasta bar. We will have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! It looks really tasty too. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great craft to do with lunch. :) I love your make your own pasta bar... my toddler would adore that idea! He loves pasta.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pasta bar, too. It may be a way to get my dh to eat pasta other than mac & cheese lol. I love that you included a craft, I think we will try to do that, too. I liked your post about blowing bubbles with the straws...my ds currently is obsessed with straws and I know he will want to try the bubbles. Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! We had a lot of fun with it....and yes, it did encourage Bekah to eat pasta other than mac and cheese. It's funny you mentioned that, Julie, because when I was making the pasta Bekah said, "oooo, mac and cheese!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will have to try that star craft. Love your string cheese fireworks! So cute!

    ReplyDelete